“It’s no big thing, but you make big things out of little things sometimes.” – Robert Duvall
Last time I posted an It’s The Little Things post, I said that I should just change this to “an ode to Fran’s completionist attitude”. And well, it’s true, and I at least want to finish off all of these for 2019. Because in 2019 I actually got to do things and leave the house. (2020, not so much… I’m not sure how many times you can mention a Zoom call as a highlight of your month to be completely honest with you!) So, while I’m not sure anyone else enjoys reading these as much as I enjoy writing them. Let’s hop on into my camera roll and “one second a day” app and talk about twenty-five or so little (and not so little!) things that made my November great last year!
“It’s The Little Things In Life”
- Let’s start with possibly the biggest one, after getting the date in October, I got the metal plate removed from wrist after breaking it five or so years ago.
- & Talking of little things, it really made me appreciate them more. Things like washing my own hair and putting my makeup on…
- & having a lovely avocado on toast for breakfast.
- The night of my operation was also the night of the final episode of Drag Race UK. Which had quickly become a highlight for me each week. I mean, it was just so iconic!
- Talking of TV, November also marked the start of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Making a lovely banoffee pie for the office, if I do say so myself!
- I went on a trip to the gorgeous Porchester Spa run by Everyone Active (& if you click the name, there’s my full post on it!)
- I played a lot of Pokemon Sword, because, well I still have a place in my heart for Pokemon.
- Christmas lights starting to get put up and feeling festive.
- Nando’s take out. Enough said!
- I also got a kit and made my own soy wax candle (here’s similar on Amazon as mine was a gift)
- Talking of DIY I tried a recipe for hummus pasta and it was a total success.
- Watching the gorgeous “Trixie Mattel: Moving Parts” at the cinema with Cat & Hannah. I may have cried…
- Tea break chats at work, which, I miss even more now!
- Getting my Christmas shopping finished and wrapped by midmonth – kind of a necessary but was a real weight off my shoulders.
- Checking out the artwork at Elephant West.
- Costa Festive Hot Chocolates.
- An evening of pizza and playing Mario Kart and Cards Against Humanity with Stu, George & Jon.
- & then proceeding to be up until stupid o’clock with Stuart watching Vine compilations.
- I went Christmas crafting with Viking and made my own bauble. (& I’ve posted a tutorial if you fancy trying to yourself!)
- Long soaks in the bath, a glass of wine optional…
- Discord voice chats with some of my favourites.
- My colleague Diana’s baby shower where we went out for a lovely meal.
- & got to see my colleagues again for what would be one of the last times we were all together in that group.
- And finally, last but not least, the feeling that it was the start of something new!