I normally like to keep everything on my blog, social media and online footprint in general positive. I don’t like to share if I’m a bit of a huff or if I’ve had a bad day (unless it involves a funny story to tell) but lately, however much I hate to admit it, I’ve been feeling anything but full of positivity and happy vibes. In an effort to cheer myself up and get myself out of my slump I thought I’d write about ten things that have made me smile over the last few weeks.
1. Learning to cook Caribbean food with Levi Roots. When it comes to food, over the last few months I’ve become a little more adventurous, so when Laura asked if I wanted to be her plus one to preview Levi Roots’ new Caribbean cooking class at his Westfield Smokehouse restaurant, I was super excited to attend. I could go on about it how fab it was for ages, (which is why there’s a post on that next week!) but for now I’ll just say I came away chatting about it for days after.
2. TK Maxx bargains. As a makeup lover that loves a bargain, I often find myself wondering around the local TK Maxx on my lunch break. While there’s not always something, I’ve managed to pick up a few, heavily discounted, Too Faced and NARS bits which makes me feel a little smug.
3. Ingram’s Winter Closing Party. About three weeks ago, along with a few other bloggers I was lucky enough to be invited to Ingram’s Winter Closing Party at the luxurious Montague On The Gardens (more on that another day!) and the conservatory was transformed into an alpine sky lodge complete with snow. What a way to forget about a stressful weekend at work!
4. Early nights. How old do I sound saying that?! But between work, my blog and a social life I find myself relishing the nights when I can get my pjs on, put on a face mask and be tucked up in bed with a book or magazine before 10pm.
5. Coffee and cake. Because, sometimes, you just need to indulge your sweet tooth and treat yourself without feeling guilty. These EatYourPhoto.co.uk cupcakes really hit the spot and with a strong cappuccino were a great afternoon pick me up.
6. Spring flowers. As you may be able to guess from my Instagram, I love flowers. Not only do I love the gorgeous displays (like the one above outside Liberty) and having a fresh bunch in my room but walking to work with daffodils springing up around the path really makes me feel like summer is right around the corner.
7. Growing old gracefully. Or more so, celebrating turning a year older with an altogether more civilised birthday than previous years. I still drank a few too many cocktails, ate too much cake and just ate too much in general but instead of a raucous night out instead I admired the view from The Sky Garden and ate at one of my favourite local restaurants.
8. Teacup cocktails. Amber and myself met up for a long overdue gossip over a drink or two and managed to find a bar that served all drinks in teacups. As we both love tea and cocktails, this place was absolutely adorable!
|Image via Tumblr – Source unknown. (Someone managed to wave in front of every photo I took sadly..)|
9. Live music. Not this weekend but last, James and I went to see one of my favourite bands The 1975 live. They were absolutely incredible, Matty commanded the stage like nothing I’ve ever seen and really re-ignited my love of live music. Since then, I’ve also booked tickets to glamp *cough* at Reading with Becky, that should be fun..
10. The countdown to Centre Parcs. If I haven’t already mentioned it a million times already, this weekend me and 11 of my blogging friends are heading off to Centre Parcs for a few days of cocktails and chaos. A weekend away should be just the ticket to kick this slump right?!
Enough about what’s made me smile (I feel considerably brighter just reading it back!), what’s made you happy lately?
Find me on;
Bloglovin’ | Twitter | Instagram
sounds like youve been busy 🙂 I hate when that happens in concerts lol
Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥
No wonder you're so tired, that's a heck of a lot of exciting stuff going on! Hope you have a lovely weekend away – the cocktails are calling…!! xx
Laura | Loved By Laura
So jealous of the centre parcs, I need to get in on this next time, I love the place! That winter closing party sounds amazing – though anything with the words alpine and snow have me! Glad reading it back made you happier, I used to write weekly what i'm been up to posts and was always surprised at what had happened that week as I never thought I did anything! x
Amy at Amy & More
Oh my gosh, I was supposed to go to the Levi Roots things but couldn't make it. We could of met! Shame I missed it now. Looks like an amazing month youve had x
So do I, it's just so frustrating! xx
Hopefully we'll see each other at one soon 🙂 xx
I think the weekly round up is a great idea, as you said, so easy to forget! Hope you have an awesome weekend 🙂 xx
Hope you have a fab weekend too, thanks again for letting me plus one! xx