It’s that time of year again, you’ve got your new diary organised, set yourself some resolutions for the year and renewed your gym membership telling yourself that you will 100% go more this year. But lets face it, one thing we all forget to do is take a little time to relax and de stress in between trying to getting back into routines. So here are some budget friendly ways to pamper yourself this month because if you’re anything like me January isn’t exactly the month for being flush;
1. Turn your phone on silent, put the tv off, snuggle up and take some time to read that book you’ve been meaning to for a while or that you got for Christmas. If you’ve not got one in mind for that, revisit an old favourite, my go to is rereading the Harry Potter series just because it’s so easy to get back into time and time again.
2. If like most of the people I follow on Twitter (I may or may not have partaken too..) you went a little crazy in the Lush post Christmas sale, take some time to pamper yourself and use those goodies you bought. Let’s be honest here, you might want to save that Dashing Santa to remind you of the fun you had over the festive period but when Spring is coming, you’re more likely to be planning your first BBQ than even thinking about Christmas. So have a lovely smelling and colourful bath while enjoying some left over Christmas treats.
3. Since everywhere looks a little more drab and dim without the decorations, why not light a few of your favourite scented candles to brighten up the winter evenings. However, if like me you are a bit wary of using candles (my friends like to joke about me being a fire hazard..) then put up some fairy lights and recreate the relaxing smell with a therapy balm such as the Scentered* range that includes balms designed to relax, focus and sleep well.
4. Adult colouring books became absolutely huge last year and if you haven’t tried one yet I really recommend it. Focusing on the colours and staying in the lines really blocks out other thoughts and stresses and I find it really helps me to relax. There’s a huge range for every taste from gorgeous forest and ocean illustrations to pop culture favourites such as Harry Potter and Doctor Who. Even better they’re are available on amazon starting at around £4 so well within January budget.
5. Try out some of your new smellies and gift sets. It’s inevitable, at the end of Christmas you will have been given at least one set from the Boot’s three for two range, or popped in on their half price sale and picked up for yourself because “Oh my gosh, bargain!” while they do some fantastic sets and gifts, make sure you do actually take some time to enjoy those goodies so they don’t end up sat in a bathroom draw.
6. Make sure you take time away from your screen at work or home. Take time to walk and grab a coffee, or if like me you’re on a bit of January spend ban, make yourself a proper cup of tea and spend time to sit and enjoy it rather than rushing it back at your desk. My personal favourites, aside from my obvious loyalties to Yorkshire Tea, are Teapigs* fruit and green tea. However, if I can be bothered to use my tea strainer then Good and Proper Tea Co* and T2 loose leaf herbal tea’s are delicious and worth the extra effort. If tea and coffee aren’t your bag, then check out some of Whittard’s amazing hot chocolate flavours, I got a salted caramel one for Christmas and it’s beautiful!
Whats your favourite way to pamper yourself after Christmas?